The English Court - AA

The English Court - AA

Monday 10 November 2014

Small Talk...


What is this?
Exactly my sentiment. What is this? I recently found out that small talk is conversation made just for the sake of trying to have one. So, how well does one fare at this?

Talk
I often find I am no good at dealing with silences I have in conversations with people - even friends. So, I quite unconsciously start talking about topics related to work at school (Yes, I know) to get out of these silences. I absolutely can't stand them, but I am not sure talking about school can make it any better. The best times I can make conversation is if I start with a polite "Hello" or some facsimile thereof and talk about the day.

Topics for this requisite conversation
Often the one you find the one often referred to is the weather. Then perhaps the sport or what's on the news. We do it out of being polite or getting out of that awkward situation. It also can be very good to open conversations, so if one wants to get into a conversation, you probably have already started with small talk. Even the simple "Hello, how are you?" conversation is a "small talk". I remember I was introduced to a new person once and the first time we met, our conversation was first dominated by this. However, it developed into more mundane topic areas! But anyway, conversation is essential to a social component of one's lifestyle.

Summation
Well, this article was probably small talk as well. Nothing much was there? Next post is about something with a bit more substance - "Exams in the Long-Term".
This was A VERY Small Point of View.
: ) Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment